Google has said that the security of its social media service has got disturbed. Due to which the personal data of nearly 5 million users was revealed. However, the company claims that no third party company has used this data from our users. By the way, this problem of security was recognized by Google in March itself. But this has not been improved by the company.
When asked about this, the company said that we are planning to shut down our social media service. However, the company said that it is not going to happen this fast. Right now it may take time. So if you are worried about your security and want to delete your Google Plus account or Google+ Account, then follow these steps.
Before starting this process, verify that you have a Google Plus account or not. So let us first tell you how to check this.
To do this, first, open your Gmail account. After that go to your profile picture and click on the top right corner. Now if your Gmail account is linked to your Google Plus account, then ‘Google+ profile’ will appear on it.
Follow These Steps For Deleting Your Google+ Account
1. Open your Gmail and login with the help of your username.
2. After this, go to the right corner of the screen and click on it.
3. Now you will be redirected to your Google Plus page.
4. Now go to the left column and click on ‘Settings‘.
5. Then scroll down and go to ‘Delete your Google+ profile‘ in the ‘Accounts‘ section.
6. Now enter your password to verify your account.
7. Click on the ‘Also unfollow me from anyone I’m following in other Google products’ option while going to the next page. Now here you will be alerted that once you delete your account it will not be restored. Apart from this, the data that will be deleted once will not be restored.
8. Then click on the ‘Delete‘ button.
9. Now at the end, you will see the confirmation screen and survey which you can ignore.