What to give a change in the look of your Ubuntu desktop and make it look more beautiful? Try installing the iLinux icons on Ubuntu and derivatives. Learn and see how How to install iLinux icons in Ubuntu and derivatives
The iLinux is a set of icons that brings well – designed and stylish icons. It has over 18,000 different icons and can be installed on Ubuntu and its derivatives as well as on Debian.
Installing the iLinux icons on Ubuntu and derivatives
To install iLinux icons on Ubuntu and derivatives, you must do the following:
1. Open a terminal
2. If you do not already have it, add the program repository with this command
sudo add-apt-repository ppa:noobslab/icons2
3. Update the APT with the command:
sudo apt-get update
4. Now install the icon set with the command below:
sudo apt-get install ilinux-icons
How to install iLinux icons manually or in other distros
If you do not want to add the repository or want to try installing on another Debian-based distribution, you can pick up the DEB file from the program on that link and install it manually (double-clicking on it).
You can also follow these following steps for installing icons manually in your distro
1. Open a terminal
2. You can download the program to use below command. If the link is outdated, You can go to this page for downloading the latest version of iLunx icons and save it as ilinux.deb:
wget https://launchpad.net/~noobslab/+archive/ubuntu/icons2/+files/ilinux-icons_9.06~zesty~NoobsLab.com_all.deb -O ilinux.deb
3. Now install iLinux program with below commands:
sudo dpkg -i ilinux.deb
sudo apt-get install -f
4. You can aslo use the command below to install the program;
sudo apt install ./ilinux.deb
Remember! By choosing this type of installation. You will not receive any updates to the program.
After installing the iLinux icons, you can use the Unity Tweak Tool, Gnome-tweak-tool or Ubuntu-Tweak to change the theme.
How to Uninstalling iLinux icons in Ubuntu and derivatives
If you want to uninstall your iLinux icons from Ubuntu and its derivatives. Follow the below steps for Uninstalling iLinux icons in Ubuntu:
- Open a terminal
- Uninstall the iLinux icons program, using below command
sudo apt-get remove ilinux-icons