If you are buying a new Smartcast home theater display or Vizio Smartcast HD TV and you are facing some problems such as your Vizio Smartcast Not Working or your Vizio Smartcast display is not setup for casting.
We take a tutorial on how to reset Vizio Smartcast tv for troubleshooting the Vizio Smartcast not working problems. Read this article and follow the instruction for solving your Vizio Smartcast display is not setup for casting problems.
How to Troubleshooting Vizio Smartcast is not working
1. Check the Network Connection
Firstly, check the network connection of your Vizio SmartCast HD TV or SmartCast home theater is connected to the same network or not.
If your both devices are not connected to the same app then you are facing the problems (Show your device is unable) when you are trying to send some information.
2. Check your Vizio Smartcast Power Cycle
It may be power cycle problem if your Vizio SmartCast TV is not starting up then you can follow the below steps for troubleshooting Vizio casting problems.
- Unplug your Vizio SmartCast Display’s power cord from the outlet and also check the power cord is connected properly on your tv back panel.
- Press your Vizio SmartCast display’s power button and hold for 20 to 30 seconds.
- After that, plug your power cord cable on an outlet and also holding your Smartcast tv’s panel power button for 20 to 30 seconds.
- Now your tv’s power on.
- If you are facing the casting problem then you can follow other methods for resolving your issues.
3. Check the Casting Apps
If you are facing the casting apps problems then you can use the following steps to resolve the casting problems.
- Open your Vizio smart tv apps such as Netflix, YouTube or other apps. Verify these apps is compatible with your Vizio SmartCast device.
- If these applications are working on your Smartcast Device then click on the apps casting icons and open on your Vizio SmartCast tv.
- If your application is not open on your Smartcast TV then you can test to open your apps on Smartphone or Vizio Smartcast tablets. If they are opened in tablets and smartphone then you can contact to Vizio customer support for resolving the casting problems.
4. Check the router power cycle
If your selected application is not casting on your Smartcast tv or Smartcast home theater display then you can check your router power cycle. You can follow the following steps to verify your router’s power cycles.
- Unplug the power cord cable of your router from the outlet or check the power cord cable is connected properly on the backside on your router.
- Also, verify your router doesn’t have any battery backup.
- Plug it again and check your app is working on your tv or home theater display.
5. Reset your Vizio SmartCast TV’s Factory settings
If you don’t know how to reset the Vizio SmartCast tv factory settings by default then you can follow these steps:
- Firstly open the Smartcast app on your Vizio SmartCast tv or other SmartCast Devices.
- Select your device name which you want to reset the factory by default.
- After that, Click on the settings icon and choose the system option.
- Select the Reset & Admin.
- Select the Reset to Factory Settings option and press on the Yes button.
- Wait some time until your SmartCast tv’s reset to the factory by default