AirPods offer a convenient and effective solution for wireless audio and are compatible with many devices that support Bluetooth. However, that’s the problem when trying to connect them to a PS4, since the console does not natively support Bluetooth audio, connect airpods to ps4 is not an easy process.
if you wanted to connect a couple of your Apple AirPods to your PS4? Could it be done? They are Bluetooth and Bluetooth headphones are not supported. Not to mention, the PS4 is pretty picky about third-party headphones. But it is possible? Absolutely, if you are willing to set aside some time for this to happen.
Can you connect AirPods to PS4?
The short answer is yes, it is possible to connect Apple AirPods to the PS4. However, it is not as simple as connecting other ears/headphones to the Sony console, as you cannot actually do it right away, so to speak. You will need additional equipment on hand to use AirPods with ps4.
But why all this trouble? Well that’s simply because Sony has a strict policy when it comes to third-party headsets, as they simply don’t allow them to be used on PS4. Instead, it’s whipping its own official headphones, but obviously that won’t be to everyone’s liking, especially when it comes to price.
How to connect airpods to Ps4
In this guide, you will learn about how to connect airPods to ps4. You don’t have to do fancy setups or anything like that. All you have to do is wait at the door for your Bluetooth dongle to arrive or go out and buy one at a nearby tech store.
- Turn on your PS4 by pressing the Power Button on the front or by holding on to the Ps4 button on your controller.
- Insert the Bluetooth Dongle into an open USB port on your PlayStation4.
- Connect the USB key to the console and verify that the blue light is flashing slowly.
- Open the lid of the AirPods and press the button on the back until the LED indicator glows white.
- Put your Bluetooth dongle into pairing mode by pressing and holding the Bluetooth Pairing Button. Do the same with your AirPods.
- After a few moments, the two devices will pair with each other. Now you can enjoy the sounds of your AirPods with ps4.
How to check if airpods are connected, you can:
- Open Settings on your PS4.
- Navigate to Devices and select it.
- Under Devices, choose Audio Devices.
- Next, select Contribution and Production.
- If you see your Bluetooth Dongle listed, then your AirPods have connected successfully.