If you don’t have the Apple TV remote or your Apple TV remote is not working properly. You can use your iPhone, iPad as Apple TV remote.
If you don’t know how to use iPhone as Apple TV remote, then you need to follow the below steps to setup an apple tv with iPhone and iPad.
Note: Make sure, your Apple TV and your iPhone or iPad are connected with the same WiFi Network and also set up as a home sharing Network.
Steps for how to control Apple TV with iPhone
If you want to control apple tv with iPhone and iPad, then you can follow the below steps to pair iPhone with apple tv.
- Connect your iDevice like iPhone and iPad to your WiFi networks.
- If you don’t have the Remote App, then you need to install Remote App first from app store.
- Verify your Apple TV is connected with the same WiFi network (i.e. connected with your iDevice).
- After that, you need to turn on your Apple TV.
- After that, You need to go to Settings and open the General option.
- After that, Select the Remote and choose the Remote App options.
- You need to type your credentials like Apple ID and password when it is required.
- Now, you need to take your iDevice like iPhone and iPad and open your Remote App.
- After that, you need to select the Settings option and tap on Apple TV.
- Wait for some time until your pair iphone with apple tv.
- After that, completing the pairing process, then you can use your iPhone or iPad to control your Apple TV.