Today we are going to explain how to connect Xbox one controller to pc Windows 10. It is a much simpler process than the one we saw with the PlayStation 4 controller since in this case Windows 10 recognizes it without problems. This means that you will not need to resort to third-party applications or Steam to be able to map it, it will be done automatically.
First, we are going to explain how to differentiate the two generations of Xbox One controllers, one of which does not have Bluetooth. Then we will explain how to connect Xbox one controller to pc Bluetooth wirelessly and using the USB cable when a wireless mode is not an option.
How to connect Xbox one controller to pc Bluetooth
- Turn on the Xbox One controller and press the pairing button.
- Once you have the remote in pairing mode, enter Windows Settings, and once inside click on the Devices option. Within it, you will have to enter the category of Bluetooth and other devices to proceed to search for the remote with your device.
- When you click on the Bluetooth and other devices section in the left column, you will see a list of all the Bluetooth devices paired to your computer. Here, press the * Add Bluetooth or other device buttons to proceed to search for the controller to pair with.
- Click on the Bluetooth option
- Next, you should see a list with the devices available to pair, in which you must click on the one that says Xbox Wireless Controller. If it doesn’t appear on the list, make sure it’s in pairing mode.
- And that’s it. After a few seconds of pairing the device, a notification will appear telling you that the Xbox Wireless Controller is set up and ready. In addition, you will also start to see it in the list of paired devices in the Bluetooth and other devices section of Windows settings.
How to connect Xbox one controller to pc wired(USB)
- connect the full-size USB end to your computer.
- Almost immediately, a notification will appear that Windows 10 will tell you that it has detected a device and will start to configure it. This process will take only a few seconds, and then you will see that a remote will appear on your list of devices.
- It is possible that the controller appears simply with the name Controller, but you should not worry too much because Windows 10 will have mapped it correctly. Now you can use it for everything you want, even to move around Windows itself.