Vizio Internet Apps Plus Platform is the best way to download Vizio TV apps without the use of a V button.Sideloading apps onto the TV can be done using either a flash drive, or the SmartCast App.
These fixes are not the only ones I’ve mentioned. Other fixes include using the remote buttons to access the Play Store and screen casting apps from another device.
How do I tell which Vizio TV model I have?
You will need to identify the model of Vizio TV you have in order to understand how to download apps without using a V button.
Your TV’s OS platform determines what you see on the screen and how much interaction you can have with it.
The model series and the date it was released determine which software is used.
You can divide these platforms into four different categories.
This platform can be found on TVs released after 2018 as well as some 4K UHD TVs produced between 2016 and 2017.
SmartCast Without Apps
This OS was used on VIZIO smart TVs, which were released in 2016 and 2017.
VIZIO Internet Apps Plus (VIA Plus)
Vizio TVs, which were launched in 2013 and 2017, often have the VIA platform.
VIZIO Internet Apps
The VIA is the most popular VIZIO TV model released prior to 2013.
After you’ve determined the TV model that you have, you can proceed to installing apps without pressing the V button.
Install apps using Vizio Internet Applications (Plus)
- Verify that your Vizio TV has an Internet connection.
- Now, press twice the ‘Home” button on your TV remote.The Home button is marked with either the letter V or the Home icon.
- Add apps to your Vizio TV
- A screen will appear that shows you all the apps installed on your TV.You will see tabs like My Apps and Featured as well as All Apps and Categories.
- Browse through the Categories, Featured, App Apps and Latest tabs to find the App you are looking for.You can also search for the app that interests you.
- Once you have found the app you want to install, click on it and then hold the OK button with your TV remote until the app appears in the My Apps tab.
Install apps on Vizio Smart Televisions that were launched prior to 2017
You can download apps if you own one of the Vizio Smart Tvs that were made in 2017 or earlier. These apps are not available for sideloading, but you can make the most of them.
- Turn on your Vizio Smart TV. Make sure you have a working internet connection.
- Use the remote control to turn on your TV. Once you have turned it on, press the Home Button.
- From the available options, you will need to choose the Connected store.
- Navigate to the store and choose All Apps.
- You will now be able browse the various apps available for download.
- After you’ve found the app that you want to install, click on it and then select the “Install” button.
- You will receive the app and be able access it from your Vizio TV’s home screen.