Although the pairing button is the most straightforward and simple way to connect your Roku remote with your smart TV, it’s not necessarily the only method. To sync your Roku remote to your smartphone, you can either use the Roku app from your smartphone or connect manually by using the control buttons on your TV.
What is the pairing button on a Roku Remote and how does it work?
You can connect your Roku remote to it by pressing the pairing button. You can also control your device from far away.
This button is normally located on the remote’s front. Sometimes, however, it can be found underneath the battery compartment.
To sync your devices, locate the pairing button by pressing it until the light from the top of your remote appears.
Syncing Roku Remote without Pairing Buton
The new Roku TV models don’t have pairing buttons. When you turn them on, they automatically sync with your remote.
If you have a Roku Stick device you will need to pair it with the pairing button.
Use a smartphone to sync the remote
Roku’s app for smartphones also includes a remote that you can use to control Roku TV. This is a great way to pair your Roku TV remote with your smartphone without having to use the pairing button. You will only need a smartphone that has WiFi.
These are the instructions helps to sync your remote to tv by using the Roku application on your mobile phone: Follow below for how to sync roku remote without pairing button by using mobile app.
- Visit the Apple App Store and Google Play Store for your smartphone.
- Get the Roku App for free.
- It is important that Roku and your smartphone are connected to the same WiFi network.
- Go to the Roku App. You’ll find the Remote option. Select it.
- You can control your Roku TV using your smartphone with the Remote option.
- You can use your smartphone to locate settings then Remotes on your TV.
- Select the pair New Device option.
Read more: How To Reset Hisense TV With No Picture
Use the “Pair Remote Option” to sync the remote
Only if your TV has the ability to navigate through the settings with no remote, this option will work.
These are the steps to follow for pairing the roku remote to tv. Follow below instructions for how to sync roku remote without pairing button.
- Go to the screen on your Roku device.
- Scroll down until Settings are found.
- You will find the Remotes option in the Settings Menu.
- Select the Remote option.
- This feature will automatically pair your Roku device with your remote.
It could be that your remote is not pairing automatically. If this happens, you can either reset your Roku device or troubleshoot the remote.
Read more: How to get Disney Plus on Roku
How to Solve Common Problems with a Roku Remote
Roku devices, which include remotes, can be very affordable and are built to last. They aren’t perfect and can occasionally malfunction.
The remote is not working or synching
Roku remotes are often experiencing disconnecting or not connecting.
Here’s what to do if that is the case:
- Start your Roku device by restarting it.
- Turn off your TV and unplug the cable.
- After the TV has been unplugged, press the power button (not the remote) on the TV. ).
- Keep the button down for approximately two minutes.
- Connect the TV and turn it on.
- Pair the remote again. You can then use the pairing button, or follow the steps that we have already mentioned.
Read more: How to Reset Roku TV
How to fix Overheating issues of the Roku
Roku remotes can also heat up quickly, leading to internal malfunctions.
You can take the remote off if it gets too hot.
- It is best to stop using it once it gets too hot.
- Remove the batteries.
- Place the remote on a non-flammable surface.
- You can wait between 10 to 20 minutes.
- Re-insert the batteries.
If your remote is constantly overheating, you should get a new one.